Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Other Me



Me. Pronoun. Singular. As in “There is only one me.”

But what about the other “me”? People with multiple personalities are said to have  several “me”s. Eve had three. If I admit to having another me, does that mean I am schizophrenic?

When I was rearing six children while holding down a full time job in the 70s I felt there were at least two or three of me.  And now that I am again “re-potted” and living in an apartment instead of a house or a motor home, I am trying to concentrate on my new status while desperately trying to hold onto the old me.

My cardiologist has created yet another new me through a procedure called “catheter ablation”. I am no longer short of breath or collapsing from rapid heartbeat. The atrial fibrillation, with me since my first bout with congestive heart failure in the 90s, is apparently gone!  So say the docs. So I have this new energized me.

Charlie Rook is still regarding me as the old me but wants the new me to keep bringing him a cut-up apple every day along with sacks of sugar free candy to hand out to the caregivers at Stafford Healthcare. He loves giving away the candy and it satisfies his urge to still be a provider.

I also am writing again, this blog for starters, and trying to catch up to what the old me made notes on years ago. So many stories, so little time!

I can’t wait to see what the new me has in store for me! Stay tuned.




No comments: