Wednesday, January 9, 2013


The 97-year-old woman on The View this morning wanted to get a pet peeve off her chest.  She told about a recent shopping trip with her daughter. She sat in her wheelchair in the clothing department and a saleswoman finally came along to help them.  She asked the daughter: “What size does your mother wear?”  The saleswoman was rude to have ignored the mother

Last year I needed something from a lingerie department.  The department stores couldn’t help me so I went into Victoria’s Secret at the Mall. I asked if they carried thigh high support stockings and the saleswoman said I might find what I need at a nearby pharmacy. I walked out of the store red faced but didn’t make it to the door before I heard a couple of the girls laughing.

Some people feel they are entitled to exercise their right of free speech knowing full well their words may be insulting to others. Persons who made the insensitive remarks were much younger than me.  If they are lucky, they will one day become old. They may some day need support stockings as well. Just sayin’…





No comments: